Thursday, December 22, 2011

Former KSNF reporter moves from CNN to BET


Award-winning CNN anchor T. J. Holmes, who began his career at KSNF, is moving to BET in 2012:

"In all the conversations I was having with the folks at BET, one thing they said really struck me: ‘Where can black people go when they get home from work and turn on the TV to see people who look like them, talk like them and discuss things that are important to them?’ I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out because there’s a void for the type of show that we get to an extent on morning radio with the Steve Harveys and Tom Joyners of the world where they’re discussing things and issues relevant to the black community. There’s no place to get that on TV anywhere at anytime. So for me the opportunity to speak to my community at this point in my career in this country’s history was too good to pass up."

No comments: