Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Newspaper Dqys' nears publication date

I received word Wednesday that my fourth book, Newspaper Days, has moved into the next production stage and should be released sometime in the next few weeks. There had been some delays in design.

The book covers my 22 years as a newspaper reporter and editor in southwest Missouri, including my two stints with the Newton County News, my time with the Lamar Democrat when it was a daily newspaper, and later as a weekly and twice-weekly, my nine years plus at The Carthage Press, my two days at the Nevada Daily Mail, and the three newspapers I worked on that no longer exist, the Lockwood Luminary-Golden City Herald, Jasper County News, and Lamar Press.

The book contains considerable information about the $1.5 billion libel suit that marked the beginning of the end of my newspaper career, background on some of the stories I covered and people who worked with me, plus the two times I was fired at the Newton County News...both times through the mail.

And of course, as all old-time newspaper folks do, I write about how much better newspapers were in my day than they are today. (That is a requirement for any former newspaper reporters writing books.)

I will post more information about the publication and the book's availability as soon as I receive word.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you always get upset with the media having mistakes? check out your headline on this story.

Anonymous said...

Is that a hint of how his "book" will be? that and patting himself on the back every other page...

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think I'll pass on ""Newspapr Dqys'

Randy said...

Probably just as well. It is designed for intelligent readers.

Anonymous said...

And there is Turner again taking shots at other people then crying later that people "attack" him all of the time. Intelligent readers will avoid this mindless rambling like the plague.