Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pearce to introduce bingo bill in 2010 session

Sen. David Pearce, R-Warrensburg, plans to reintroduce legislation that would give not-for-profit organizations more flexibility with bingo proceeds. From his latest capitol report:

My biggest disappointment this year was the veto of House Bill 620. This measure would have given not-for-profit entities greater flexibility with the funds they generate from bingo games, allowing more money to be available for use in local community projects. I am currently working on developing a similar bill for next year that will have the support of other lawmakers and the governor. I have talked with the governor’s staff to see what we can do to change the bill to make sure he will sign it next year if it crosses his desk again, and I will continue to work cooperatively with his office until we figure out a solution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy,Pearce is a member of the Missouri Senate representing Senate District 31 which includes Vernon,Bates,Cass and Johnson counties.

Randy said...

Sorry about that. You would have thought I would have noticed that since I got the information from the Missouri Senate website. I will correct the error.