Monday, August 06, 2012

From July 2009, Ed Emery praises Orly Taitz, asks questions why media won't question President Obama's birthplace

Former Rep. Ed Emery, R-Lamar, a candidate for state senate in Tuesday's primary election, is not officially aligned with the birther movement, but as this official statement he released after his fact finding visit to a speech by Dr. Orly Taitz in Missouri three years ago. He sent this letter to the media at the time.

Official Statement

Representative Ed Emery

RE: Attendance at presentation by Dr. Orly Taitz

Two things stand between a free people and tyranny -- the integrity of their constitution and the strength of their armies. If either fails, then only capricious time separates liberty from domination. The protections provided by our constitution rest entirely upon the constitutional commitment of elected officials and the relentless vigilance of the people.

Because power both intoxicates and corrupts, domestic tyranny is assured when a people first accepts even the smallest compromise of constitutional integrity. As an elected official, my oath of office is to "...support the Constitution of the United States and of the state of Missouri, and faithfully perform the duties of my office..." I am obliged to protect the liberties of the citizens of District 126 and of Missouri. Toward the fulfillment of my obligations as a citizen and an elected official, I attended a meeting on the evening of July 1st to investigate whether the U.S. Constitution and the integrity of Missouri's election process were adequately protected. 

I had never met or heard of Dr. Orly Taitz before and was the only legislative member in attendance. Consequently, I was immediately surrounded by reporters whose questions appeared intent on intimidating me for my interest and proving that the question of ballot qualification was a non-event. I don't know if I have ever experienced as many reporters at a non-event. 

I discovered that Dr. Taitz - constitutional attorney, dentist, and real estate agent who speaks five languages - had spent both time and money and traveled extensively, personally investigating the ballot qualification issue. She also produced considerable documentation of her investigative discoveries. The attendant media, on the other hand, seemed completely content with the integrity and reliability of the internet in dispelling the concerns of their readers. The press displayed absolutely no interest in the claims of multiple given names, plethora of social security numbers, and total lack of transparency
being attributed to a sitting President. Little wonder that the press has lost nearly all of its former credibility and power.

I have not defined a position on the ballot qualification question and said so when twice inquired of directly at the meeting. I did discover that I will have to do my own investigation; the media will not. That was appallingly clear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like he was objectively looking at the situation, perhaps you and your left leaning media friends should take notes.

Randy said...

Any time I see someone use the term left-leaning in this fashion, it is almost a certainty I am reading someone who has no idea of what objectivity is.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I don't, but if that is the case that makes two of us.