Sunday, November 06, 2005

Update on 'Small Town News'


The first Joplin signing for my novel, "Small Town News," has been scheduled for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 (next Saturday) at Hastings. Approximately 50 books will be available and should we run out, orders will immediately be taken for books and I will autograph those books.
The book is on the shelves at Hastings, as well as at the Changing Hands Book Shoppe in Joplin. Those from outside the area who would like to buy it or those who can't make it to the signing or who want to avoid the Joplin traffic, can buy it online at Amazon.com, Booksamillion.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders or from the IUniverse website.
More information about the novel can be found at its website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is indicative of the world we live in when a moron blogger from Joplin who gets 10 hits a day has a book. Who cares?

Anonymous said...

I contest all points. For starters, the counter/tracker on this page notes on average, 300 viewers per day... with 179 of those being unique views. That's significantly more than 10. Also, there are plenty of people who care. This blog attracts a lot of regular readers who are looking for more in-depth coverage of the events affecting our region, etc. I'm not entirely sure what effect living in Joplin has on one's intelligence, but regardless, having met the blog author I would vouch for his intelligence being a good ways above the "moron" mark. Finally, it's a good book, and if it were to be that being able to have one's written work published without being a generic mass-produced paperback author or having previously had a videotaped sexual rendezvous passed around the internet is insinuatingly negatively indicative of today's society, then for once I say, cheers to society.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Randy is a great guy and deserves to be applauded for his accomplishment! I think it's great and I am going to try to make it to the book signing on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I was at Hastings in Joplin, Sat night (11/5) and didn't see the book at all. When I went to ask one of the sales clerks where it was located, they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. HELP! Where is the book located in Hastings? I couldn't find it on the shelves, or on a display of new releases.

Randy said...

I had considerable trouble with them initially. There was a lapse of communication between the book manager and the person who actually puts the books on the shelves. It is in their local authors' section right behind the book desk. Sorry about the mixup, but it appears everything is O. K. now.