Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Was Billy Long in Las Vegas when mass murder occurred?

Aa far as our Seventh District Congressman is concerned, there is no good answer to the question.

Was Billy Long in Las Vegas October 1 when 59 people were murdered while attending a Jason Aldean concert.

There were two possible answers to that question- yes or no- so I was surprised when a spokeswoman from the congressman's Joplin office came up with a third.

I noted that Long's quarterly financial report filed Monday with the Federal Election Commission showed that he had been in Las Vegas with an expenditure of $5,496.12 to the Wynn Vegas Hotel for lodging. on September 29, "so was he still in Las Vegas on October 1?

Her answer took me surprise. The congressman had not gone to Vegas, someone else had gone.

I wanted to ask a follow-up question or two. Is Billy Long in the habit of spending $5,496.12 in campaign money for someone else to take a trip to Las Vegas (for campaign purposes, of course), not to mention the $1,179.66 expenditure for a meal at Craftsteak in Las Vegas or $288.15 for another meal at Michael Mina's restaurant, which according to its advertising has the "best seafood in Vegas," but she did not give me a chance.

"That's all I can tell you," she said. "You'll have to talk to someone at our Washington office," and our conversation ended before I could even ask for the number.

Fortunately, I already had the number, so I called, identified myself (as I had during the Joplin conversation) and asked the same question. As expected, I was told I would have to talk to the media spokesperson who was "out to lunch."

That was approximately six hours ago. I am not expecting to receive a call, though there is always a possibility I will be pleasantly surprised.

As for my original question, I still do not have an answer.

I searched the Congressman's tweets for the day of the shooting and the following day. On his official Twitter site, he wrote, "My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this horrible act."

The FEC document covers the dates through September 30.

Odds are, we will have to wait until the next quarterly report is filed in mid-January to know whether Long or someone representing Long was in Vegas October 1.

9 comments:

Gomer Pyle said...

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!!!

Just never know what Billy's been into.

Anonymous said...

He does like Vegas and spends an inordinate amount of money on food

Anonymous said...

Well he does have to be in Vegas a lot. After all, that is where his constituents reside.

Anonymous said...

Check out that fancy a$$ $teakhouse that big boy and his buddies have been getting fed up at. I need someone to hook me up with people to buy me artery cloggers like this!



"Top Chef personality and James Beard Award-winning chef Tom Colicchio uses only the finest ingredients to create dishes bursting with flavor. The menu features ingredients from small family farms, artisanal producers and day-boat fisherman, prepared to capture the true flavor and essence of each dish.

And while steak is front-and-center, guests can also find specialties like fresh salmon, veal and lobster to pair with Craftsteak’s award-winning wine, bourbon and scotch list."


"Woooo! Pig Sooie!

Full menu: https://www.mgmgrand.com/en/restaurants/craftsteak-steak-house.html#/Menu

Anonymous said...

Fat,lying Pig!

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you how this works Billy Long has never paid for a hotel in vegas all his rooms are comp.He pays what the room is worth the the hotel gives him back the money in markers to gamble with at the tables. This why this is listed as lodging.

Anonymous said...

You have to figure he is in Trump's high roller club as fondly as Trump built him up while in Springfield. Can't imagine Trump has a whole lot more in common with Billy other than taking his gambling money.

Anonymous said...

Real nice. Again with the name calling and making fun of people's weight and insulting them. You people are quite a crew. But then again that's what this blog is all about so I guess it should be expected.

Anonymous said...

Well if i was fat like Billy Long, and about as old as Billy Long i'd have a hell of a time affording insurance without Obamacare. But as a member of Congress even fat old men are more equal than the average Joe or Jane Citizen.

https://www.snopes.com/members-congress-health-care/

Also, members of congress even have a special pharmacy in DeeCEE.

http://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-hill-pharmacy-that-serves-congress-2017-10

"Nearly every day for at least two decades pharmaceutical drugs have been brought by the carload to the Capitol — an arrangement so under the radar that even pharmacy lobbyists who regularly pitch Congress on their industry aren't aware of it.

The deliveries arrive at the secretive Office of the Attending Physician, an elaborate medical clinic where Navy doctors triage medical emergencies and provide basic health care for lawmakers who pay an annual fee of just over $600. Every one comes from Washington's oldest community pharmacy, Grubb's."



$600.00 a year for a really good gold plated drug plan?

Sign me up for some of that amirite?!

I know a boar hog when I see one!

Woo pig sooie!.