Monday, December 05, 2022

Webb City Football Coach John Roderique announces retirement


(From Webb City R-7 School District)

The following release is a statement from Coach John Roderique.

I am so proud to be a part of this amazing community, school and Webb City Football.

For the past 26 years, I've been able to do what I love, with the people I love- every single day.

What an honor and privilege it has been. Thank you to the administrators, teachers and staff. And, special thanks to the assistant coaches and young men who have poured their hearts into our program.







Webb City Football is rooted in pride and tradition and I stand firm on the quote that "Great things can be accomplished when everyone works together and nobody cares who gets the credit."

This quote epitomizes the players and coaches I've had the opportunity to work with throughout the years. God has blessed me abundantly.

I'm excited (and a little sad) to announce my retirement at the end of the school year. I have loved my role as the head football coach and athletic director at Webb City High School and will cherish the friendships and memories. From the bottom of my heart- thank you all.

Coach Rod

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He had a great run and is one of the best all time. Webb isn’t getting the top athletes anymore and isn’t able to pull them over from Carthage, Joplin and SE Kansas. The other schools have got smart and stopped allowing the kids jumping to Webb for “Hardships” or claiming to be homeless to go there. The most recent effort was to pull a QB from Neosho and it hasn’t worked. It shows by their inability to compete or have the success they they have had in the previous years. They were rollled by Nixa, Carthage and Joplin for the 4th year in a row.

Their educational scores are less than stellar and have been brushed under the rug for years with the success of football. People are moving to and establishing their roots in better areas to live like Carthage, Carl Junction and the upscale subdivisions of Joplin. It will be interesting to see what happened with the All-Star cast of coaches in that program. It will be interesting to see if any of them step up or go with a younger coach and build for the long term.