Thursday, February 02, 2012

Steelman: McCaskill says she's against earmarks, then votes for stimulus riddled with them


(From the Sarah Steelman for Senate campaign)

Three years ago today, President Barack Obama brought forth a proposition. On NBC's Today show three years ago to date President Obama made this statement:

"I will be held accountable. You know, I've got four years. … A year from now, I think people are gonna see that we're starting to make some progress, but there's still gonna be some pain out there. If I don't get this done in three years, then there's gonna be a one-term proposition."

United States Senate candidate Sarah Steelman is ready to take President Obama up on this his proposition.

"We now have three straight years of unemployment above 8%, four straight years of a budget deficit greater than $1 trillion, and $5.2 trillion added to our Nation's debt. Not only do I think we should take the President up on this offer, I think we include Senator Claire McCaskill, who has rubberstamped all of this administration's failed policies. "

Senator Claire McCaskill made similar propositions as a candidate 6 years ago when she said, "If my walk doesn't match my talk, then shame on me and don't ever vote for me again."

"Claire says she's against earmarks and yet she voted for the stimulus riddled with them. She says she's a fiscal hawk and yet she just voted to increase the debt ceiling without cutting spending. She says she will support the Keystone pipeline and yet she voted against it. It's pretty apparent she's a straight talker but a crooked walker. The only issue Claire has managed to match her talk to her walk is Obamacare, and she voted in favor of it twice. Let's hold all these Washington politicians accountable just like they are asking of us."

No comments: