Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Things I'm Thinking About, January 1

-Viewing for New Joplin Schools- I read where the viewing for the new East Middle School, Soaring Heights Elementary School, and Irving Elementary School is set for Sunday, January 12. Can anyone tell me when the visitation and services will be held.

-An Apology to Anson Burlingame- Earlier this evening, I called Anson Burlingame an idiot. I should have simply printed what he wrote and let Turner Report readers come to that decision for themselves. Same result, but I should have handled it better.

 -It's Not the Same- I stopped by Books-A-Million this afternoon and, as usual, it made me miss Hastings. It has been nearly two years since Hastings closed, and while I am glad Books-A-Million is still in Joplin (even though it has never carried any of my books) and I enjoy visiting Vintage Stock on the Mall (which does carry them), it's just not the same not having Hastings in Joplin any more. Thankfully, we do still have some locally-owned book stores in Joplin, which is the subject of the next paragraph.

-Update on My Books- Speaking of my books, a reminder that Let Teachers Teach is now available at Always Buying Books and Changing Hands Book Shoppe in Joplin for $10. For those who have asked if I am going to have a book version of The Devil's on Facebook, in addition to the e-book, which is available now on Amazon Kindle, the paperback will be available in July or August. And thanks for asking.

-2014 Plans for the Turner Report and Inside Joplin- I plan on writing a post tomorrow detailing what I plan to do in 2014 with the Turner Report, Inside Joplin, and my other blogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now, Randy, don't you go feeling bad about calling poor ol' Anson an idiot. I've called him much worse, for sure. Sometimes is just doesn't hurt a bit to call it like it is. With a little luck, he'll learn to stop saying idiotic things in front of the whole wide world. It's like that Twain feller said, "Better to not speak and be thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt." Words to live by, Anson.