Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back in action

The Turner Report has been shut down since Saturday, courtesy of the ice storm which as knocked out most of the electrical power in Joplin. I still don't have power, but I have escaped to Newton County today, where the electricity is just fine (for the moment, at least).

A big thanks to those who came to the signing for The Turner Report book Saturday at Hastings Books, Music, and Video in Joplin. By the time 5 p.m. rolled around, only three copies of the book were left in the store, and a few copies of my novel, Devil's Messenger, also sold.

As usual, with a local signing I had a mixture of people whom I have met during all phases of my life, whether it be at East Newton High School, the Lamar Democrat, The Carthage Press, or the Joplin R-8 or Diamond R-4 school districts.

Among those popping by was my former publisher at The Carthage Press, Jim Farley. That newspaper has never been the same since he left.

Thanks again to all of you who came. Anyone wanting to purchase the book as a Christmas gift, or for your own reading pleasure, can find a copy at Hastings, Always Buying Books or Changing Hands Book Shop in Joplin, Pat's Books in Carthage, or Books N Java in Neosho.

It is also available through many internet sites, including Amazon.com.

No comments: