Monday, June 21, 2010

KSNF/KODE CEO's favorite shows are on KOAM

In an interview with Broadcasting & Cable Magazine, Nexstar Broadcasting CEO Perry Sook, whose company owns KSNF (an NBC affiliate) and operates KODE (an ABC affiliate), said his favorite shows are on CBS:

"I primarily watch sports. I'm also a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory and CSI Miami. CSI Miami in high definition-it's great eye candy on Monday night when you get home from work."


Both of those shows are seen on Monday nights on KOAM. Of course, it should be mentioned that Nexstar Broadcasting has CBS affiliates in other markets, including KOLR, which it operates in the Springfield market.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find his comments honest. A person likes what they like, irrelevant to what any particular network airs. I'm guessing that any General Manager would admit, they have favorite shows on other networks, not unlike traditional viewers, I'm guessing the owner of a Mexican Restaurant dines at other restaurants.

Randy said...

I am sure he was being honest, and to be quite fair, Nexstar Broadcasting does own or operate CBS stations as I noted. For the Joplin area, though, it was just too hard to resist using the quote.