Thursday, July 29, 2021

Widow of 34-year-old Carthage COVID-19 victim: Please get vaccinated in my husband's name

 The recent surge of deaths due to COVID-19 has included many younger people, including 34-year-old Donovan Daniel, who died Sunday at Cox South Hospital in Springfield.

On Monday, his widow, Stefani Daniel, posted the following message on Facebook:

I wasn't sure I was going to have this conversation, but I have to.

Donovan Daniel told me last Monday that he'd of given anything to go back and get vaccinated. He said that he was going to as soon as he was better.


I cannot lose another person I care about due to COVID. If you're not vaccinated yet, please do it in my husband's name.

Donovan Daniel's obituary can be found at this link.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why won't these People get Vaccinated - Stop thinking you are being Political Correct or You are giving up your Freedom / Rights - - or whatever STUPID THOUGHTS - You are having and GET VACCINATED so you are Not Wishing / Praying / - Before Getting ready to go on a Ventilator - before you Die - To Smarten Up and Realize that COVID IS FOR REAL AND CAN KILL YOU...

WAKE UP!!!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, this is becoming the pandemic of the unvaccinated. All vaccinations come with possible side effects. I took the vaccine with very few side effects, mostly tired and sore arm for a couple of days. Can I still get the Delta variant that is going around so bad now? Yes, I can, but even if I do get it, my chances of being very sick and hospitalized are low. Everyone has the right to make their own decision but for me, it was a no-brainer. I'd much rather take the same chance I took when I took polio and smallpox vaccines than end up in the hospital on a ventilator because I am smothering. Don't think it can't happen to you or someone you love because it can. And, if you choose not to vaccinate, don't bitch when businesses require you to mask up again because that's where we're headed. You can't have your cake and eat it too!!!