Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Carthage meth mom to enter drug program, receive suspended sentence


A Carthage mother pleaded guilty to three felony counts of endangering the welfare of a child Monday in Jasper County Circuit Court.

The probable cause statement indicates Shelly R. Thornton, 38, used meth in front of her three children in 2021.

Under a plea agreement with the Jasper County Prosecuting Attorney's office, Thornton will enter a local substance abuse program and online court records indicate her sentence is suspended.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I was in a bad spot for my self and made a bad decision. But I am doing really good in the program. And have work very hard and have my kids with me. From the Jasper County help I have learned a lot and got resources that I never have in the past for my addiction. It's been a long struggle but because of this bad decisions it has helped my self in so many ways and my family. And for who has addiction u are not alone there is grate resources. And wonderful people that don't judge u but really do want to help u. If u are willing to do the work and the effort u can do anything please don't be scared to ask for help like I was recovery is a beautiful thing and I love my life today.