Friday, October 14, 2022

McDonald County R-1 superintendent announces retirement


(From McDonald County R-1 School District)

An emotional McDonald County School Board Meeting tonight as Superintendent Dr. Mark Stanton notified the board of his retirement.

Stanton has been in education for 29 years and served as the Superintendent of McDonald County Schools for the past 13 years.









 
“It is very difficult to express in words the love and passion I have for our school district. It has been such a blessing and honor to have served as your superintendent,” Stanton said. 

“In my career, my fondest memories have been here in McDonald County. In my tenure here in the county, I have been blessed to work with an incredible and supportive staff. I’ve always admired how hard our staff and communities work to help our students be successful and give them hope for tomorrow.”








Stanton will stay on through the 2022-2023 school year as the school board begins the process to search for and hire a new superintendent.
 
He ended his statement with these words:

“I want to end this by saying what I say to graduates every year with a slight twist at the end. My hope for all of you is that you will always follow your heart and dreams, be your best - smile, laugh a lot along the way and remember…I will always be a Mustang!”

No comments: