Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Try this Turner Report Newsletter sample

 Last week after noticing that fewer and fewer people are seeing links to my blog posts on Facebook, I launched the Turner Report Newsletter, something which I should have done a long time ago.

Each day, the newsletter provides links to all posts from the Turner Report, Inside Joplin and Inside Joplin Obituaries, links to news stories and videos that might interest you and my introductory message.

People can skip through the links and choose which ones they want to check out and hopefully, this will prevent people from seeing stories that would have interested them but they never appeared in their Facebook newsfeeds.

I will also be having contests, giveaways and adding additional regular features.

The newsletter enables me to expand my news operation in a way that has not been possible through the use of multiple blogs, as well as enabling me to get the most out of those blogs.

The sample Turner Report Newsletter below is from Tuesday.

Those who are interested in receiving the newsletter can e-mail me at rturner229@hotmail.com or message me on Facebook with your e-mail address.

Thanks.


The country music legends that I first remember listening to in the 1960s have been leaving us steadily over the past few years as they moved into their 70s, 80s and 90s.
We've lost Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Sonny James, Tammy Wynette, George Jones and so many more.
Today, another giant of that era, Loretta Lynn, died at age 90.
About the only one left from that era is Willie Nelson. Hang in there, Willie.

One of the last of the legendary country singers who launched their careers in the ‘60s, Loretta Lynn, died today at age 90. 

Loretta Lynn, coal miner's daughter turned country queen, dies at 90 | CNN 

***
Monday's newsletter included a link to the obituary of Ron Ferguson of Carthage. I wrote a post about him today in the Turner Report.
Today would have been Ron's 73rd birthday.
***
A quick reminder that I will be at the Joplin Public Library 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday for the annual Joplin Writers Faire. I will have copies of my news books for sale, and as I mentioned Monday, I will give free copies of some of my older books to any of you who come by and to anyone who signs up for the Turner Report Newsletter that day. Please feel free to forward this newsletter to friends and family, encourage them to sign up. I will have many more giveaways and contests in the future. 
More information about the Joplin Writers Faire will be included in this week's newsletters.
From the Turner Report
From Inside Joplin

From Inside Joplin Obituaries

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Ronald Whitehill

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Jim Mabie

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Irma Lindsey

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Ruby Griffin

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Mark Tichenor

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Agnes Veale

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Nancy Stipp

Inside Joplin Obituaries: John Wiseman

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Charles Clark

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Bonnie Hooley

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Dwain Newman

Inside Joplin Obituaries: Norman Rumble

Today's Videos



No comments: