Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another website launched

Probably the last thing I needed to do was add another website to my growing list, but I launched a new one this morning.
Room 210 for Teachers is designed to bring teachers, administrators, parents, students, and anyone else who is interested information and links about education. I now have eight websites in existence, The Turner Report, Small Town News, Wildcat Central, the Original Wildcat Central, and the four members of the Room 210 family; Room 210, Room 210 News, Room 210 Discussion, and Room 210 for Teachers. I welcome your comments about the new site or any of the other sites.
A brief breakdown of the websites:
-The Turner Report: Most of you who are reading this are familiar with this site. It is a mixture of news and commentary, primarily about the southwest corner of Missouri, but also about Missouri state politics and occasionally, politics at the national level. I try to make readers aware of news items from other sources, and I try to dig into public documents to provide information that is not being covered in other media. The website also features criticism of area media.
-Wildcat Central: This was my website when I was teaching at Diamond Middle School. The site is very rarely updated and features student-written news articles and some photos from those days.
-The Original Wildcat Central: More of the same. This was the Wildcat Central site before I ran into some technical problems.
-Small Town News: This site features information about my novel of the same name.
-Room 210: This site was the original site for the Room 210 family. It serves primarily as a site for my eighth grade communication arts classes at South Middle School. At one time, most of the Journalism Club articles and photos were placed on it, but I opted to move those to another website which was easier to manage. I plan to redo this site some before the next school year. When that is done, I will have class information and research links for students and teachers.
-Room 210 Discussion: This site was created after some of my former students said they missed the types of discussions we had in my class. I spotlight links to articles about various issues that affect teens and stories that might interest them. They are able to comment on those stories, thus encouraging both reading and writing.
-Room 210 News: Room 210 News features articles and photos from the South Middle School Journalism Club and, as far as I can tell, is about the only regularly updated Internet news operation primarily done by middle school students.
-Room 210 for Teachers: The summary for this website is given above.
For the time being, this should be it for new websites, even though I am considering putting in one for our band, "Natural Disaster" sometime this summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why doesnt the link for Room 210 for Teachers work?

Randy said...

I will check that out and get it fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Randy said...

The links are working now. Sorry for the inconvenience.