Monday, May 22, 2006

Nodler challenger to run as independent

Kim Wright, the social worker who plans to run against Gary Nodler for his 32nd District Senatorial seat, has begun a petition to secure enough names to be listed on the November ballot as an independent.
"I have until the end of July to complete the petition drive but hope to be finished much sooner," Ms. Wright told The Turner Report. "My name would be listed on the November ballot when the petitions are validated. I am not in a position to say much from the Democratic perspective since I am running as an Independent. Hopefully we will be able to provide your readers a location they can go to in order to sign petitions the first weekend in June when we begin our petition drive in earnest."
As reported earlier today, a meeting for those supporting or having interest in Ms. Wright's candidacy is scheduled for 7 p.m. today at 711 W. 32nd in Joplin.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABN - Anybody But Nodler. I would vote for the Devil Incarnate before I would ever cast a vote for Gary.

Anonymous said...

WOW - prayers do come true! Finally, someone to run against the tyrant! She gets my vote. Sign me up on her petition.

Anonymous said...

let me know where and when to sign petition

Anonymous said...

Another person is about to circulate a petition to get on the ballot for the November Nodler senate race. An announcementwill come later this month. It takes a lot of help to pull this off. We pray that support for our candadicy will be strong and that we will use this forum to put our message out.

Anonymous said...

Roxie Fasnaught of Granby is re-thinking hwer race against NOdler. Is that the other Democrat running?

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to bet anyone with a write-in candidacy gets less than 5 percent of the total vote. There are so many excuses to toss out a write-in ballot, half never get counted because of one technicality or another. And we are talking about the voting populace of southwest Missouri, the same folks who brought us Marvin Singleton...

Anonymous said...

No. But I do hope the candidate WE GET TO SELECT will release her or his tax forms for the last ten years and submit to a polygraph test of questions submitted throught this blog.

Anonymous said...

It is not going to be a write in if the petitions are signed folks. Independents do not go through a primary election and her name WILL be on the ballot.

Anonymous said...

Hope the examiners have fresh batteries in their flashlights.I would like to know what's in her background, other than 'I hate Gary Nodler' therefore elect me.