Friday, July 15, 2005

It has been a KSN kind of day

I was surprised to hear my investigative report on Brad Pitt's domestic situation mentioned on today's "Live with Gary and Tiffany." Only one complaint: Every time I mention the show I mention KSNF, so why not mention The Turner Report while you're at it. Oh, well. No big deal.
I apparently barely missed Gary Bandy at Books-A-Million, where he did the weather live at 10 p.m. as hundreds waited for the release of the latest Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."
Being a reading teacher, at least part of the time as I teach eighth grade English, I wanted to see what the local reaction would be to the new book. The parking lot was jampacked. I managed to get just about the last parking space left, far away from the store.
I went in, wandered around, looked over a few books and left without buying anything. A KSN photographer was kind enough to hold the door open for me as I left, so I guess I am really getting good service from the station today.
As for the Harry Potter phenomenon, I was pleased to see all three stations do reports on it on their 10 p.m. reports today. Anything that can get young people to open a book and enjoy reading is definitely worthy of news coverage.

No comments: