Monday, August 15, 2005

Another adventure begins today

School starts today in the Joplin R-8 School District and as regular readers of this blog know, I am ready.
This is my third year teaching eighth grade communication arts (English) at South Middle School, and my seventh year of teaching. Teachers' meetings began Thursday with a huge pep rally for all district personnel at the high school auditorium, followed by departmental meetings, and then meetings at our schools. On Friday, we had more meetings and spent time working on our rooms, fine-tuning lesson plans, etc.
Today, we find out just how successfully we prepared.
***
Natural Disaster, the 50s-60s rock group I perform with, played at a benefit at the Pulaskifield Catholic Church near Pierce City Saturday night. Someone asked if we knew "Proud Mary." I said, "I dated her in high school. She wasn't proud back then."
I need some new material.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy...you need more than new material. Your band needs a better manager. That can't be the best gig you can land...and if it is, you might want to consider other ways to entertain people.

Anonymous said...

I give all teachers a lot of respect! Good luck with the year!