Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Lamar book signing is tonight


One last plug for tonight's book signing for my novel, "Small Town News." It will take place 5 to 7 p.m. at the Mary K. Finley Library in Lamar. As I have noted before, this signing is particularly nostalgic to me since I lived in an upstairs apartment above the library when it was at its previous location, in a building owned by O'Sullivan Rentals.
It was always handy to be able to go downstairs during library hours and conduct research or just to check out a book. When I first lived in Lamar back in the summer of 1978 when Democrat editor Lou Nell Clark hired me as the newspaper's sports editor, I could not afford a television so I spent much of my time checking out books, primarily non-fiction and mysteries, to get me through the summer. I finally was able to get a second-hand black-and-white TV set, but I still spent much of my time in the company of books from the Lamar Library.
If you get a chance, pop by today's modern version of the library and say hi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy I am confused. Is that you holding up the book? And the picture on the front of the book is a younger Randy?

Randy said...

Yes, that's me holding the book. I have been trying to tell everyone the guy on the cover was me 20 years ago, but for some reason, nobody's buying that story.