Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Senator blogs on MOHELA filibuster


Freshman Sen. Jolie Justus, D-Kansas City, offers an inside view of the Democratic filibuster on MOHELA in her blog Freshmeat.
Unfortunately, she was prevented from giving a blow-by-blow account because of archaic rules prohibiting laptops from being on the Senate floor.
Among Ms. Justus' observations:

Sure -- why not. It's 7:05 AM and we're still on MOHELA. I toyed with giving updates all night, but figuring that no one would be awake to read them, and since I was on the floor most of the night and not able to use my laptop because of Senate rules (rethinking that decision now), I've delayed making frequent updates until now.

UPDATE -- I got called to the floor before I could finish this post. It's 7:42 AM now and the minority has taken the floor back. We're still on MOHELA. No end in sight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize she isn't straight, right?

Randy said...

And exactly what does that have to do with MOHELA?

Anonymous said...

It has to do with cheap innuendo and gay bashing. Plus it has to do with ad hominem attacks being the refuge of hateful ignorant.