Saturday, February 08, 2014

Mark Rohr to supporters: You need to take your town back

Mark Rohr, fired earlier this week as Joplin city manager posted the following message today on his Facebook page:

I want to thank the citizens, friends, and family from all over for the incredible outpouring of calls, texts, Facebook messages and notes I have received since Tuesday night. I have a deep and abiding respect for the citizens of this town. You have given me more than I could give to you.

 Irrespective of me, you need to take your town back and make sure everyone that represents you has no other agenda other than the advancement of your city. You deserve no less!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shades of when somebody said, "You need to take your university back." And they did.

Anonymous said...

we just did. you would be better off to leave town now while some people still think you are a hero because the truth will eventually get out.

Anonymous said...

does anyone else in Joplin find it strange that no none cares why Rohr did not want the 10 pages released of the investigation. He waS RUDE and arrogant...I could tell he wanted to punch me out at the store when I asked him how the book sales were going