Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Woman who posed as man to lure Joplin teen into sex is given probation

An Arkansas woman who posed as a man in an effort to lure a Joplin girl into sexual activity pleaded guilty to a second degree sexual assault charge Tuesday in Fourth Circuit Court.

From the Northwest Arkansas Times article:

Alesha Mariah Carr entered the plea in Fourth Circuit Judge William Storey’s courtroom.

Carr, 20, was represented by Springdale lawyer Joel Huggins.

Washington County Deputy Prosecutor David Harris explained to Storey what Carr did on Oct. 5. The girl she had the sexual contact with was from Joplin, Mo.

Carr posed online as a male to seduce the girl.

She used instant messages in October to convince the girl to leave Joplin and travel to Fayetteville for sexual activity. Once she convinced the girl to make the trip, Carr drove to Joplin, picked her up and brought her to Fayetteville, where the two had consensual sexual contact, Harris said.

“With some reluctance, I’ll accept your plea, ” Judge Storey told Carr. “I told your attorney this morning that I thought you ought to go to prison. He told me to give you another chance. ”

Storey sentenced Carr to seven years probation and ordered her to pay $ 1,000 in county restitution. She is to register as a sex offender and pay the associated $250 fee. She also is to undergo sexual offender treatment and is to have no contact with the victim.

“Ms. Carr, I really thought you ought to go to prison today,” Storey told her. “Your lawyer talked me out of it. You need to understand that if something like this happens in the future, that’s where you’ll be.”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the judge have balls at all?

Anonymous said...

I have known Alesha since grade school and kept really close friends with her through the years, and I know that people failed to mention in her case that during the "Sexual" act that there were 2 other people in the house during this time. Also the girl that Alesha had "sexual" contact with, changes her story at least 3 times. Lets also remember that people have been sent to prison for 13 or less years for little girls lying saying they have been "raped" but in the end they figure out the DNA doesn't match up. So the person in prison just wasted 13 or whatever of his life behind bars for a crime he did not commit.

Anonymous said...

It makes no difference how many people were in the house or how good a friend she is. When a 20-year-old acts inappropriately with a 13-year-old, you should expect to be punnished.

And I haven't heard Alesha claim that the two did nothing but play scrabble and watch american idol.

Lord knows that if an adult man had any kind of "sexual" contact with a 13-year-old girl, people would insist he be locked up for life.

Anonymous said...

I second Anon 2:39: 20-years-old and 13-years old. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Why'd "Alesha" pick her up in Joplin? To babysit? No freaking excuses.

Anonymous said...

I am very close to Alesha and she didnt do anything with this girl u guys have just been takin up in the news u havent been there for the whole thing....yeah they shouldnt have been together but the parent didnt stop anything.....I think if its that big of a deal then we should ask the mom of the 13 year old what part she played in tell her daughters life....I think the news loves to make people like really bad in the world but sometimes its notthing...if it was my daughter I would have told her no she could not go with anyone.13 is a young age they should still have a bed time and be in the house with the parents!!!! She didnt do anything worng with hanging out!! I know her and I love her like my sister!

Anonymous said...

I'm that girl.
Tymber Pope,
I Mr. Turner! :D

[My fourth hour CA teacher]!

Well, I think the embarrassment was enough for me.
She was put in the news paper and
on tv so, I'm happy with that.

As long as the next girl with her know's that she's a woman. :]

Anonymous said...

by the way...

How on EARTH
would DNA match up when
she used a strap-on or something?

Wow, you ingnorant people amaze me.

Anonymous said...

i have known alesha since she started the whole male illusion as "christian" and have lost alot of friends over her posing as a boy and seducing them while they were under the influence of alcohol... she has done this to many young girls. i can personally name 5 out of springdale alone. i defriended her and left for my tour in iraq right as this happened. if i had not then i would have gave testimony to insure that a harsher more justified punishment was prosecuted.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the way that the last anonymous person isn't so anonymous. remember this is someones blog page so not all of this is true!!!! and don't forget that you are the one that was talking to her while you were in Iraq and you still try to talk to her every now and then when you see her out!!!! Unless you know the whole story you don't need to be running your mouth you because i was around also when Alesha started with all of this!! She never once took advantage of any of us girls, she was always the sober one making sure that everyone else got home safely and I am 100% sure that you are still friends with people that i know messed around with girls that were underage (like one girl was 14 and the friend of yours was 18 to 19)!!! so i don't hear about you defriending or not talking to those individuals you are still best friends with them...

Anonymous said...

I was 12(almost 13) when I met”Christian” and she was 19. Being young and naive I was under the impression that I was talking to a guy. We spent nights together and had sexual contact. I figured out she was a woman because I saw her put the strap on and she was angry when I figured it out. Not long after that I figured out her age. She ghosted me when I tried confronting her. I felt so sick, manipulated, and used. It breaks my heart to know I’m not the only one she abused.