Monday, February 03, 2020

Moran: Why I voted against witnesses in President Trump's impeachment trial

(From Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kansas)

When I signed the oath book at the beginning of this trial, I vowed to deliver impartial justice according to the Constitution and the law.

I took this oath and responsibility seriously and chose not to comment until I heard arguments from both the House managers and the president’s lawyers. 

It became clear over the course of the House managers’ arguments that the House failed to undertake its responsibility to collect supporting evidence, and the managers continually attempted to shift that evidentiary responsibility to the Senate. 










Nevertheless, having heard from both sides, the arguments demonstrate that additional evidence or witnesses would not change the material underlying facts that describe the president’s actions. 

Therefore, I voted to not permit additional witnesses and to continue with the impeachment trial.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But...the real scandal was Hillary's emails?


Actually Senator Moron is very familiar with the ruling acronym, I'm pretty sure it's in his bible... IOKIYAR!


Bills DNA on a certain blue dress said...

Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.

She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —

I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html

Anonymous said...

I don’t like Trump and want him voted out. I believe he did it. However, I don’t believe it would be in the best interest of our country to remove him from office with the election coming soon. Heck, he probably wouldn’t leave, can you imagine that mess!

I’m sick of hearing all this blah, blah blah from politicians. The voters will decide whether to remove him from office. I’m hoping for a Trumplash!!