Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Kansas National Guard member pleads guilty to sexually exploiting 11-year-old Lamar girl


A Kansas National Guard member pleaded guilty today in U. S. District Court in Springfield to the sexual exploitation of an 11-year-old Lamar girl.

Christian Sinclair, 21, Chanute, admitted to sending the child a photo of his genital area and to persuading the child to send him nude photos.

According to federal sentencing guidelines, Sinclair will spend at least 15 years in prison. No sentencing date has been scheduled.
Sinclair's crimes were detailed in the plea agreement, which was filed today.








The agreement indicates that not only did Sinclair admit his crimes to investigators, but he also told his girlfriend he was cheating on her with an 11-year-old girl and sent a Facebook message to the girl's father apologizing for asking for the nude photos of the man's daughter.

On June 25, 2021, Officer Michael Comparoni of the Sierra Vista, Arizona, Police Department (SVPD) took a report from Captain Eric Cooley of the Kansas National Guard. 

Captain Cooley reported that he was deployed to Arizona with the Kansas National Guard. Captain Cooley had received information that one of the soldiers in his command, Christian Sinclair, was sexting an 11-year-old child.

Captain Cooley stated, on the morning of June 15, 2021, that he was contacted by M. K., Sinclair's fiancee, who was living in Kansas. M. K. reported that she had screenshots between herself and Sinclair where Sinclair admitted to "cheating" on M. K. with an 11-year-old.








Officer Comparoni contacted the Lamar, Missouri Police Department (LPD) to inform the agency about the investigation.

On June 15, 2021, LPD Officer Toby Luce was able to determine that Jane Doe's father was K. D. Officer Luce contacted K. D. and arranged to meet him. At that time, K. D. stated that he had taken Jane Doe's phone away on the previous day because he found out she was sending Snapchats. K. D. said that Jane Doe used multiple screennames on Snapchat.

Later on June 15, 2021, K. D. came to the LPD station and reported that he had spoken to Jane Doe. Jane Doe told K. D. that the person she was chatting with, that was the basis for the investigation, was Christian Sinclair. Jane Doe also told K. D. that she had sent Sinclair nude images at Sinclair's request.

On June 16, 2021, LPD Officer Steven Shaw contacted K. D. At that time, K. D. said that Sinclair messaged K. D. on Facebook to apologize about what he had done.

The Facebook messages show that they came from Christian Sinclair who works for "The United States Army and works at Army National Guard of the United States." The messages read:

SINCLAIR- Hey (K.D.)

K. D.- Seriously, I don't know why in the hell you are messaging me."

SINCLAIR- I just wanted to personally apologize to you. I know what I did was wrong. I don't know why I did it. I just know once I realized how stupid I was being I stopped but I can never change what I did and for that I'm truly sorry.

K.D.- It's all out of my hands. IDK what to tell you. Why in the f --- would u ask my 12-year-old daughter for nudes.

SINCLAIR- I don't know why I did it just after realizing what I was doing I stopped doing it.

K. D.- Yeah u stopped asking for nudes but you kept on talking to her afterwards. So the best thing to do right now is just stop messaging me.

On June 16, 2021, Officer Shaw contacted Federal Bureau of Investigation Task Force Officer (TFO) Chip Root. At that time, TFO Chip Root agreed to take over the case.

On June 22, 2021, TFO Root contacted M. K. At that time M. K. explained that she was going through Sinclair's Facebook account and found a Facebook Messenger conversation between Sinclair and another girl. M. K. said the messages were sexual in nature and she became very upset. She confronted Sinclair, who admitted what he had done and stated that he had no excuse. After talking to Sinclair's mother, M. K. learned that the girl Sinclair was talking to on Facebook Messenger was an 11-year-old from Missouri.

No comments: