Friday, December 28, 2012

Turner Report reaches 17,000 posts and I'm not done yet

My post a few moments ago about bonuses for GateHouse Media executives was number 17,000 for the Turner Report since it began in October 2003.

I have mentioned this at earlier milestones, but I would never have thought nine years ago that this blog, which at the time was lucky to reach 30 or 35 viewers per day, would ever reach the point where it would be getting more than 5,000 per day during the coverage of the Joplin Tornado, the Kanakuk scandals, and some of the various Missouri political stories.

Thanks to those of you who have been with me since the beginning and those who have joined in along the way. Your encouragement and loyalty has helped me as I have branched out, writing for Huffington Post, Daily Kos, and Newton County News. (You also helped me make 65 cents in royalties from Akin Breakin' Heart, but that's another story.)

I am still not tired of this, so I hope you're ready for the next 17,000.

1 comment:

Rick Nichols said...

Congratulations. That's about 16,900 more posts than I have.