Saturday, December 29, 2012

Joplin Globe's new statehouse correspondent: I have never been a blogger

The Joplin Globe's new statehouse correspondent, Eli Yokley of the PoliticMo blog, asked me to print a clarification of his remarks that I posted earlier today from a Joplin Globe article that said Yokley considers himself a "journalist" not a blogger.

I am happy to oblige.

Yokley's statement:
"I have never taken on the title 'blogger' because I never considered the work I do blogging. I took on the title of journalist because I believe I've spent the last nearly three years doing real shoe-leather journalism that I felt was lacking in Missouri. With The Fuse Joplin and PoliticMo, I took on journalism as a public service, and with the opportunity The Joplin Globe has given me, I hope to continue in that same spirt.
Yokley also took issue with my statement "Though he started with the Joplin Fuse blog and then PoliticMo, apparently blogging may be a bit beneath Yokley's station at this point."

"Things like this are why my perception of bloggers is the way it is," Yokley said.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help me understand something here Randolph. What do you consider yourself?

Randy said...

I am happy to be considered a blogger, a journalist, a writer, a teacher, or anything else anyone wants to call me (within reason). I see nothing wrong with any of those things.

Blue Girl, Red State said...

He was introduced to me at Truman Days in KC in 2010, as a "fellow blogger" and he didn't object to the label then.