Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Let Teachers Teach paperback available from Amazon

As of this morning, my book Let Teachers Teach is available at Amazon.

The book features 46 essays on education, including my Huffington Post blog on why young people should not become teachers and the one that was used against me during my termination hearing with the Joplin R-8 Board of Education. That essay, written a couple of days after the Sandy Hook murders, was about how the games administrators play with discipline and statistics could lead to more school shootings and violence. I have removed the reference to downloading my novel No Child Left Alive, which was originally included in the essay.

Let Teachers Teach also features other articles on standardized testing, the effect of billionaires like Rex Sinquefield on education, plus more personal essays, including those written following the Joplin Tornado.

The book can be purchased from the ad on the upper right hand corner of this page.

No comments: