The final version of SB 714, sponsored by Sen. John Loudon, R-St. Louis County, calls for the following:
1. Any person required to register as a sexual offender under sections 589.400 to 589.425 shall be required on October thirty-first of each year to:
(1) Avoid all Halloween-related contact with children;
(2) Remain inside his or her residence between the hours of 5 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. unless required to be elsewhere for just cause, including but not limited to, employment or medical emergencies;
(3) Post a sign at his or her residence stating, "No candy or treats at this residence"; and
(4) Leave all outside residential lighting off during the evening hours after 5 p.m.
The bill primarily deals with such items as the sex offender registration list and sexual crimes against children on the internet. The Halloween portion of the bill came from an amendment offered by Sen. Brad Lager, R-Maryville.