Thursday, March 03, 2016

McCaskill expects full recovery, offer thanks for outpouring of support

(From Sen. Claire McCaskill)

You may have heard already that I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Finding myself here, now, is a little scary, but my prognosis is good, and I expect a full recovery.

It’s easy to forget in the throes of a tough election year that, first and foremost, we have to look out for each other.

So for you ladies: Please, please, please don’t forget to get your annual mammogram. And remind your sisters, moms and friends to do the same.

For everyone: I know we can do better than the petty and hateful bullying that’s dominating this election cycle. Let’s keep standing up together against the loud voices calling to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act. We need to be making it easier, not harder, for people to access truly lifesaving care.

In the middle of all this crazy, I’ve been blown away by kindness. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the warm wishes and outpouring of support. I’m ready to #fightlikeagirl.

Claire

No comments: