Sunday, March 12, 2023

Burlison supports A. G.'s decision to appeal judge's decision on Second Amendment Preservation Act


(From Seventh District Congressman Eric Burlison)

As a State Senator, I sponsored the Second Amendment Preservation Act and got it signed into law.

This week, a federal court struck it down.

As the sponsor of the Second Amendment Preservation Act, I'm disappointed but not surprised by the decision from an Obama-appointed, district court judge, to unilaterally strike down a pro-Second Amendment law.








The State of Missouri, not a federal judge, should determine how it spends its resources. That’s what SAPA does. I fully support Attorney General Bailey’s announcement to appeal this decision.

I will continue to fight to protect Americans’ constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, just like I did in the Missouri State Legislature.

No comments: