Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Matt McKee named Diamond High School football coach


(From Diamond R-4 School District)

The Diamond R-IV School District is excited to announce Matt McKee as the new Head Varsity Football Coach for the 2023-2034 school year! This year, Coach McKee served as our Athletic Director and defensive coordinator. 

Below is a short autobiography from Coach McKee:

I’m honored for the opportunity from the Diamond School District to be the next Head Football Coach. Being involved in athletics, especially football, had a huge part in shaping who I am today. I’m excited about this leadership role because it will allow me to have a positive impact on our student-athletes and build on the many great things that are already in place.








I graduated from Liberal High School and then attended Pittsburg State University, where I earned my bachelor's degree in physical education, as well as master’s degrees in human performance and educational leadership. Next year will be my 17th in education and 19th in coaching. All have been in Southwest Missouri except one year we spent in Tennessee for Monica to attend school. Most recently, I was the head football coach and physical education teacher at Liberal High School for 5 years before coming to Diamond.

I’ve loved my time at Diamond, and I’m looking forward to working with our administration, staff, students, and community to help improve all that we do here. Having great coaches and administrators is the main reason I got into education. Through this new role, I hope to have a positive influence on our students in the same way the great leaders in my life influenced me.

No comments: