Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rohr says he is not interested in Dayton position

Joplin City Manager Mark Rohr released a statement today denying any interest in the city manager position in Dayton, Ohio. Rohr was listed in today's Dayton Daily News as being one of 11 candidates being considered for that position.
Rohr says he removed his name from consideration, but the statement which he issued indicates he definitely showed interest in the position earlier:

"In April of this year, I received a letter from a personnel placement service agency soliciting my interest in the city manager position in Dayton, Ohio. I did not respond to this request.

"I received another request regarding this same position in July, at which time, I placed a call to get a little more information. In doing so, the receptionist stated that the representative would need my resume when he called me back in order to respond to my questions. I then sent my resume to the agency, but have not spoken with anyone in regards to the Dayton position.

"In talking with the agency today, to discuss this matter, I was informed by the agency's representative that my resume got inserted into the applications for the Dayton Commissioners to review, and thus, was one of the top 11 of the group.



"Dayton officials released my name as a finalist without any notification to me. Had they contacted me, I would have cleared up the matter immediately. I did not intend for my resume to be submitted for this position, as I was just seeking more information.

"Today, I called the representative and told him I was not interested in the position. I apologize for any confusion this situation has caused."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right. I don't believe his story for a second.

Anonymous said...

Having dealt with Mr. Rohr in the past, I can see where he would assume everyone will believe whatever he tells them to believe. He assumes no one will question his authority and be too stupid to check out his story. People always send thier resume out even if they are not interested in a different job!

In this case, I sure wish Dayton would take him.

Anonymous said...

Other than replace some light poles, what the hell has he done here?