The spring book is in and Zimmer Radio Group dominated the Arbitron ratings, led by KIX 102.5 with a 12.3 rating.
The country station was down slightly from the 12.9 it recorded in Fall 2005 and Spring 2005, but still handily won the battle for most listened-to radio station in the Joplin area.
Kissin' 92.5 stayed in the number two slot, continuing a steady rise from 7.0 in spring 2005 to 7.4 in the fall and 7.7 this time out, but it was tied by the Big Dog, KXDG 97.9, which jumped from 6.7 to 7.7.
The biggest increase was posted by Zimmer's KJMK, adult contemporary station which moved from sixth to fourth place, increasing its rating from 4.9 to 6.5. Rounding out the top 5 was the station that was also number five in the fall book, FFD Holdings' KBTN-FM, which stayed steady with its classic country format, dropping just slightly from 6.1 to 5.8.
Rounding out the top 10 were:
6. KCAR- Cool 104, Oldies, FFD Holdings, 5.2, up from 4.3 in the fall.
7. KKOW-FM- The American Media Investments' station fell more than any other station in the survey, from 6.7 to 4.5. It was tied for third in the fall book.
8. KMXL-FM- Ron Peterson's Carthage-based station improved from 3.7 to 4.5.
9. KJML-FM- 105.3, owned by FFD Holdings dropped slightly from 4.3 to 3.9.
10. KWXD- This station, owned by Southeast Kansas Broadcasting, improved from 2.5 to 3.2 with a switch from an oldies to a country format.
Tied for 11th were Clear Channel's KIGL and KMOQ-FM at 2.6, followed by: 13. KHST-FM, Southeast Kansas Broadcasting, 1.9; 13. KQYX-AM, FFD Holdings, News/Talk, 1.9; 13. KZRG-AM, news talk, up from 0.6 to 1; 16. KDMO, Ronald Peterson, adult standards, 1.3; 16. KZYM, Zimmer, 1.3.
Next with 0.6 ratings were KAMO, KBVA, KKOW-AM, KOSP, KQYS, KSGF, KTXR and WMBH.