Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rowan Ford's home subject of court hearing

In a sidebar to the horrific rape and murder of nine-year-old Rowan Ford of Stella, it appears the bank is moving to take possession of the last home she shared with her mother, Colleen Spears, and her stepfather (and accused killer) David Wesley Spears.

Newton County Circuit Court records show a 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, May 7, hearing is scheduled in the case of US Bank vs. Colleen Spears and David Spears as the bank seeks an unlawful detainer (eviction) of the Stella property.

Court records on case.net indicate proper procedures were followed in trying to serve papers on Colleen Munson (the court restored her maiden name following her divorce from David Spears) and Spears, but the papers were deemed "undeliverable."

A hint to those trying to find Spears. Last I heard, he was in the Barry County Jail, awaiting trial on charges of murder, forcible rape, and statutory rape.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Colleen around Neosho from time to time. Before Rowan's body was discovered, I found her mother's behavior infront of news cameras... well, it was hard for me to not to place some amount of blame on her. I find it odd that she married someone so young that she trusted around her 9 year-old daughter. I think I read that she married him after about two-years. I guess you might think that you know someone after that amount of time, but I don't think you really do... As a mother, I think you'ld have a feeling if something wasn't right... You're only as good as the company you keep. I don't know... I'm still trying not to place blame on the mother.

Anonymous said...

I, too have seen Colleen driving around town shopping and driving around in a white mustang.

Anonymous said...

The mother had to know that something was not right. She threw her ex out the day the little girl came up missing. I have heard that the little girl regularly slept in the car while mom worked the night shift, maybe she knew home was not a safe place for Rowan.