Thursday, July 24, 2008

Smith confirms retirement during press conference


Denver Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith, the most famous football player to come out of Missouri Southern State University, officially announced his retirement during a news conference this afternoon:

During his news conference, Smith thanked his former coaches, teammates and fans.

Smith said he was proud to be a member of the Denver Broncos.

"I was meant to be right here. When my son was born, the first football I ever bought him was an orange and blue Nerf football. And that's when I was in college. Just so happens, that's the same colors I've been wearing every since. So, fate just put me here and I'm glad," said Smith as he choked up.

Smith was with the Broncos when they won their two Super Bowl championships and joined the team as an undrafted free agent in 1994 out of Missouri Southern.

No comments: