Friday, September 20, 2013

Billy Long: Repeal Obamacare and start from scratch

Seventh District Congressman Billy Long issued the following statement about Obamacare:
“When traveling my district I continue to hear from business owners and citizens who are burdened by this law and concerned about its impact on jobs. My colleagues and I in the House have repeatedly backed our words with actions when it comes to Obamacare through our votes and committee work. It is time for our colleagues in the Senate to back up their words with action when it comes to repealing Obamacare. I continue to believe the best course of action is to repeal this law and start from scratch.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how this Republican, representing the ever-Christian Right, can be overstuffed, overpaid, and the recipient of free insurance that any of us would want, and yet he would have those less fortunate go without food and insurance and health care while he lives so well. This is what keeps me out of church. It isn't not believing. It's believing too well to be able to stand the hypocrisy involved. Maybe that's why he spends so much time being treated in Las Vegas--he can be his natural self there.

Anonymous said...

I'm not Billy Long and when I say start from scratch I KNOW what I'm talkin' about! MMMMM MMMM MMMMM. That's the only kind biscuits this old boy will eat! Exceptin' if I'm in Vegas. Then it's some aged steak with most of the mold and mildew cut off. 'Specially tasty when I et for free!

Anonymous said...

Then Billy give us your alternative. You never give us an alternative but only say get rid of what we have. You always vote no but never give us anything else to consider. Is it because you are not smart enough? That is my belief. You do not know what you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Billy Long Sponsors First Bill in House.flv

Uploaded on Apr 13, 2011

With the debt ceiling approaching, Congressman Billy Long shows where his priorities. The first bill Congressman Long sponsors in Congress doesn't cut any federal spending, it many in fact produce a minor increase in spending, and it definitely pats Congressman Long on the back for his 30 years in small business. The first bill Billy Long sponsors in Congress is setting aside the third Saturday in April to celebrate National Auctioneer Day, this comes just a few weeks after fed up with government spending Long voted to continue federal funding for NASCAR teams.