Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Silver Lining in a Funnel Cloud to be featured on KZRG Wednesday morning

I will be on KZRG's Morning News Watch show tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 7:20 a.m. to talk about Silver Lining in a Funnel Cloud: Greed, Corruption, and the Joplin Tornado and to promote the meet the author/book signing event scheduled for 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday at VFW Post 534 in Joplin.

I am still working on what I will talk about Saturday night, but here are a few subjects I will touch on:

-Things that I discovered while researching the book that caught me totally off guard

-Some overlooked heroes and key players in events that have occurred in Joplin in the years following the tornado

-The process I used to research and write the book

-How a small group of unelected "leaders" steered Joplin down the wrong path and how the taxpayers are paying for it.

-Some items that did not make it into the book

-The upcoming book I will be writing with Carthage Press Managing Editor John Hacker.

During the second part of the evening I will sign books. In addition to Silver Lining, copies of No Child Left Alive, Let Teachers Teach, Scars from the Tornado, Spirit of Hope, and 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado will be available, as well as some of my earlier books.

***

No comments: