Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Lamar state representative's wife to run for term-limited husband's seat

(From Ann Kelley)

Today, Ann Kelley announced her candidacy for the 127th District House of Representatives seat. The seat is currently held by her husband, Representative Mike Kelley, who cannot run again because of term limits. The district takes in Barton and Dade Counties as well as portions of Jasper and Cedar Counties.

“I'm not a political person,” says Kelley, “But for the past eight years I've watched Mike represent the citizens of the 127th District, especially in the areas of constituent service by helping with issues such as birth certificates, insurance problems, vehicle titles, income tax refunds, and even personal tours of our beautiful Capitol Building. I want to continue that level of service to the citizens.”

Ann Kelley brings a wide range of experience to the office. She was raised on a farm in Barton County and graduated from Liberal High School. She received her undergraduate degree from Missouri Southern State University and her graduate degree from Grand Canyon University. She knows the problems faced by small business owners as she owned and operated her own state licensed daycare center before becoming a teacher, first at Pierce City and now in the Lamar school district.

“It is only after much prayer and many thoughtful discussions with my family that I have come to the decision to enter the race,” says Kelley, “I am not entering into this lightly as I have watched Mike for the past eight years travel the district and state in service to the public. I am aware of the hours and dedication it takes to not only run a campaign but then also be an effective representative of the people.”

“I believe with my background involving agriculture, owning and operating a small business, teaching, and watching from the sidelines as Mike served the people of the 127th District, I will be able to scale the learning curve quickly and immediately be an effective voice for our area,” contiued Kelley, “I am humbled and grateful for all the support and encouragement I have received to this point and I will work every day to see it is justified.”

“My beliefs are pretty simple," said Kelley, “I believe in the sanctity of life, am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, believe small government is the best government, and know people can spend their money more wisely than politicians.”

Ann and her husband, Mike, live in Lamar and have a teenage son, Brenden, who attends Lamar High School where he is active in student activities and competes on the cross country team. They are also active members of the Oakton United Methodist Church.

6 comments:

Harvey Hutchinson said...

Congratulations! You'll do well
Harvey Hutchinson 303-522-6622 voice&text

Hugh Janus said...

You have to find your inspiration wherever it is.

If Hillary Clinton can do it then maybe Ann Kelley can do it!

Praise the Lord for term limits inspiring her to do the right thing!





Anonymous said...

Keep it in the family. Just ask Roy Blunt. The Lobbyist bunch is keeping their family in the money and getting richer every day with every bribe.

Anonymous said...

Just what I need, another State Legislator praying for me.

Anonymous said...

On second though, I bet they ain't praying for me at all.

Anonymous said...

Not unless you are a millionaire. Then they will be happy to pray for your money.