Friday, September 27, 2019

Longtime KSN personality Carol Parker retiring

After 45 years at KSN, dating back through its days as KUHI and KTVJ, Carol Parker is retiring.

I had the good fortune of talking with her when I appeared on the Living Well show recently to promote a signing for Lost Angels and enjoyed reminiscing with her for a few moments about the early days.

I talked with her about the time when KSN promoted her daily cooking program for several months with one of my favorite '50s songs, Chuck Berry's "Oh, Carol."








 For a large number of Joplin area residents, the has never been a time when Carol Parker wasn't on local television.

In the accompanying report by KODE's Gretchen Bolander, Carol talks about her career at KSN and about her appearance in a legendary Hollywood movie, 1954's There's No Business Like Show Business, which had a cast that included Donald O'Connor, Ethel Merman, Mitzi Gaynor and a 28-year-old Marilyn Monroe.

The second video, a longer one from KSN, included a reunion with some of the other KSN personalities with whom Carol has appeared over the years, including Jim Jackson, Gary Bandy and Tiffany Alaniz.

Enjoy your retirement, Carol.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of any of these '50s songs by this Check Berry of which you speak.



Is his version of "Oh Carol" as good as Chuck Berry's version?

Randy said...

Three responses to that comment

1. You will have to Check on that.

2. I should have used spell chuck.

3. I will get that fixed.

Thanks for catching that.

Anonymous said...

CHECK THIS OUT!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTFIkZVEyg


Rock'n Roll is about Berryness

Anonymous said...

Back in the '90s I attended a Christmas party where Carol Parker recieved a dildo. It was given as a joke.
I wonder if she still has it....

Anonymous said...

I still have it. Thank you Dirty Santa.

Anonymous said...

At times I’ve wondered why they kept her so long. I’m thinking maybe she saw someone shoot somebody.

Anonymous said...

She was actually pretty rude off the camera!

Anonymous said...

Was she? Most people holding a dildo are friendly.

Anonymous said...

I remember being a grocery bagger at Consumers grocery store on 7th st. She was a mean old bird yelling at me where to put her groceries at in her vehicle.