Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Two years ago today I was attacked, identified my attacker and no one has ever been arrested

Two years ago, I was preparing to repost what I had written about 9-11 in the past when the following happened as I recounted in a Turner Report post a half hour later.

About 30 minutes ago, I heard a knock at my door.

When I answered it, a tall man (at least taller than I am) with dark hair and a dark mustache , appearing to be in his 30s, asked, "Are you Mr. Turner?"

I said I was and the man drew back his right hand and punched me in the nose, causing me to fall to the floor. He walked off without saying another word.

Stunned and lying on the floor, I was not able to go the window to see what kind of vehicle the man was driving in or whether he was walking.

From what I was able to determine, though he said nothing, his actions were a response to my posts yesterday and today about the Rangeline Sonic.

I am posting photos of my face and my knee, which developed a knot by it due to the fall.

As I write this, I am waiting for the Joplin Police Department to arrive, then I plan to go to the emergency room.

Hopefully, I will be able to provide an update soon.









I gave my information to the JPD officer then drove to the Freeman emergency room.

As it turned out, the knot on my knee was primarily due to my still being on a blood thinner from my triple bypass surgery. I was able to get in quickly and during the extremely short period of time I had to wait, I was greeted both by Shannon Becker of Joplin News First, who seems to be everywhere and frequent Turner Report commenter Steve Holmes, who was also there. It was the first time I had met him.

I felt no pain.I was mostly concerned about my knee, but the doctor assured me I had nothing to worry about.

The next day, I drove to the police station and went through a photo array.

I recognized nearly all of them since most of them were people whose photos I had run on Inside Joplin.

I also identified the person who attacked me and the JPD issued a warrant for his arrest.

Two years later, I am still waiting for that to happen.

Within an hour

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

The picture isn't that bad...

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know why the publisher of the Joplin Globe left after only two months? I saw the announcement on the front page earlier this week, but there were no details. I assumed there would be some news on this site.

Anonymous said...

No.

Anonymous said...

This was deserved...and an improvement.

Anonymous said...

where's your side arm??