Sunday, January 19, 2020

Jalen Vaden on release of court file documents: I'm doing this for Jayda

The release of discovery information from Jalen Vaden case has stirred continued interest in the case, a full year after Vaden pleaded guilty to felony child abuse and was sentenced to 22 years in prison for the December 2017 death of three-year-old Jayda Kyle of Carl Junction.

The child suffered head trauma caused by abuse on November 27, 2017 and later died at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.

Vaden confessed to Jasper County deputies that he was the one who abused the child and pleaded guilty to child abuse under a plea bargain that dismissed a second degree murder charge.

No one else has ever acknowledged playing any role in Jayda Kyle's death, but the drumbeat is sounding from Vaden supporters who believe that he was not the one who caused the child's death.

A key factor in the increased interest in the case has been the publication of discovery information from Vaden's case file on the Facebook page Truth Always Prevails. We Want the Truth after the file was released to Vaden's family.

Since that release, a steady stream of text messages, social media posts and other documents involving Vaden and the child's mother, Devyn Kyle, who was also in the house at the time the abuse occurred, have been published, including the videotaped interrogations of Vaden and Kyle.

The information, despite the guilty plea and confession, have started a push to ask local authorities, including the Jasper County Sheriff's Office, Jasper County Prosecuting Attorney Theresa Kenney or the Missouri State Highway Patrol to take a further examination of the case, something that is unlikely to happen since there has already been a videotaped confession and a guilty plea.

Some of those commenting on the page have indicated they will contact various innocence projects seeking someone who will take a look at what happened the night of November 27, 2017.







Vaden, who is serving his 22-year sentence at the Jefferson City Correctional Center, had not said anything about the case until a letter was posted on the Facebook site Friday:

Greetings and Salutations to all…

I’m sure everyone has been wondering when they’d hear from me. My momma taught me at a young age that the least said is the best said. We tend to stick out foot in our mouth the more we speak and the best way to avoid that is to remain silent until the time is right and the time has come...

There are a few things I’d like everyone to know about all this. As many think this is about me, I believe it is all about Jayda and my fight comes from doing this for her. I’m not releasing any of this information in spite of anyone because I have none. 


I’ve let go and moved on from that kind of feeling. Nor does it bring me any joy to release everything. And its factual information and public record for anyone to investigate. I’m just putting it on display to allow people to see with their own eyes and let that speak for itself. The truth needs no legs to stand on. 








I’ve never had anything to hide from anyone, just had to make decisions that were progressive, and not regressive. I have stood strong and never allowed what’s going on to change who I am on the inside. I’ll continue to spread love and do my best to help whomever I cross paths with. I have no time for negative things.

Now I know many of you have questions for me but that will come. 

Right now, I’d like to take the time to show each and every one of you guys my gratitude and love for all you have done and made happen on my behalf. The love, support, and prayers have been very uplifting for me. It’s amazing knowing how many people are standing beside you. The platform to make this happen was created by you guys and it has been made very clear to me that I’m far from alone. Just know that even if I’m not able to personally thank you, I can’t express in words how much it all means to me. Such a blessing.

Just so everyone knows, I am doing well. Of course, my location and situation could be better but looking at the other side of the coin, it could be A LOT worse. 

Dwelling on the past only hinders future opportunities. It can’t be changed but it can be used to better your future and that is what I’m striving for. The best lessons are the ones that cost you something. The only way to look at things from a positive point of view. “You can’t fail until you quit” – Starlito.

As long as we’re trying were headed in the right direction. Please continue to spread love and positive vibes. That’s all I’ve ever sought to do. You never know what kind of impact it will have on someone. And let’s continue to spread the word, every little bit counts.

Peace and blessing,

J

The publication of the letter has not changed any minds. Those who think Jalen Vaden abused Jayda Kyle and caused her death still think so and he does not say he did not, though he hints there is more to the story than what is in the record.

Those who have claimed since his arrest that Vaden is not the one who should have been arrested or should be sitting in a prison cell have not wavered in their support.

And it does not appear that the release of information about the case will end any time soon.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus man

Anonymous said...

This definitely all should be looked into. There's no way he did this and if he did it wasn't alone. She was the one full of rage and sending messages saying she was going to kill the kids.

Anonymous said...

"Those who have claimed since his arrest that Vaden is not the one who should have been arrested or should be sitting in a prison cell have not wavered in their support."
I believe everyone in the house at the time this little girl got the shit beat out of her should be sitting in jail. He is right where he belongs, and he knows it. The letter proves it further that he knows he is gulity. Not once did dude say I didn't do it, and we all know if we are being blamed of something we didn't do, we would go bezerk and die saying we didn't do it. There is always "more to the story" that's just something guilty people say to not take full responsibility of their actions or their lack of action.

Anonymous said...

"NO way he did this".... but he plead guilty to 22 years in prison and gave up all rights to appeal it in doing so. Y'all are living in a fantasy world thinking he plead guilty out of the kindness of his heart or him fearing her dad. Laughable. He isn't getting it overturned and has no options. Period.

Anonymous said...

Having to close your eyes & know what you all did to cover up the lies. To let this abuse get out of hand! To let this MAN sit in a cell & serve time for what you all know had been going on for years. You all need help. They beed to bring in Authorities from out of State and get to the bottom of this horrible nightmare this man didn't do. You all will have to answer for this all involved. We will see this as a movie one day. One thing Justice will be served.

Anonymous said...

Exactly

Anonymous said...

Oh hell he did it...he damn sure didnt give up 22 yrs to sit in a prison cell for the fun of it...i would fight tooth and nail for my freedom if I was innocent...he failed to do that and he admitted devyn wasn't even in the same room when it happened from the get go

Anonymous said...

Mr McPherson is a crook