Sunday, May 10, 2020

Kim Frencken: One last thought before summer

Time for summer! Finally!

You'd think that I would have already had enough of being at home and be ready to return to the classroom. You'd think that I would not be excited about summer. But you'd be wrong.... and right. I am ready to be back in the classroom, but I'm also excited about summer. 

This is my time to rewind. Then when fall comes around, I am ready to go. My mind is full of lessons that are ready to be taught.








Distance learning has taken a toll on me- probably on several teachers. Preparing, teaching, grading lessons without interaction (in some cases, like ours, no interaction) with our kids is not easy. 

While some parents are struggling to have school at home, teachers are struggling with not having school at school.

So yes, I'm ready for this to be over. I'm ready for summer and I'm ready to return to my room in the fall. I hope everyone finds this time to be relaxing and restorative.
 
(For more of Kim Frencken's writing and information about her educational products, check out her blog, Chocolate for the Teacher.)

No comments: