Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jetton urged to run for governor

Add Speaker of the House Rod Jetton to those who have been approached about running for governor following Matt Blunt's announcement that he will forego an opportunity for a second term.
Jetton released the following statement:


"The decision by Governor Blunt to not run for re-election today was very unexpected. I am sure a lot of my fellow Republicans and officials throughout the state will be thinking about the future of our party in the coming days. Personally, I have been humbled by the number of supporters, fellow Representatives, political leaders, and citizens who have urged me to run since the Governor made his announcement. However, I need to discuss this with my
family, friends, and those close to me in the upcoming weeks. I have enjoyed serving as the Speaker of the Missouri House throughout the last several years and am proud of the positive bipartisan change we have been able to make for Missourians. We have a great story to tell and as I have traveled around the state
talking to people from all corners of Missouri, they are seeing firsthand the progress we have made. Governor Blunt has a record he can leave office with and be proud of, and I appreciate his leadership over the last 3 years."

No comments: