Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Jeff Flowers: I'll run on everything except my record

Joplin R-8 Board of Education President Jeff Flowers must have overwhelmed the Joplin Progress Committee with his detailed explanation of why he should receive its endorsement. You will notice he doesn't cite any accomplishments in his spiel on the committee's website.

Why am I running?
I am running because I feel a need to not only ensure a quality education for my children, I also feel the need to make sure that the children of Joplin Schools receive the best education we can give them.

Why am I qualified? I feel I am qualified due to some of the experiences I have had in my life combined with my education, willingness to serve the district and passion to ensure a quality public education for all the children of Joplin Schools.

What is my vision for our community and the school board?
I envision a community that provides its children with a top quality public education and a commitment to producing high quality citizens and future community leaders.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Mr. Flowers, what are you waiting on? You've been on the Board for some time, and in your tenure the district has done nothing but fall apart at the seams and is approaching bankruptcy. Don't hold back. Go ahead and start implementing some kind of leadership ASAP. How are you going to clean up this mess you made?

Anonymous said...

Run, run as fast as you can, but you can't get away from the record, man.

Your record is like all other kinds of skeletons in the closet. It makes too much noise to escape notice.

Anonymous said...

If you want to do best by the children Joplin don't run for office.

Anonymous said...

I'd be running, too. As far in the opposite direction as I could get, if I'd been a part of the mess the schools are in now. At least acknowledge there's a mess. Steele at least acknowledged that you've overspent. Flowers acts like there's nothing but good going on here. Fool.