Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cowell to Joplin's Asia'h Epperson: It was my favorite song of the night


It's time for Asia'h Epperson. "I'm 19, I'm from Joplin, MO, and I work as a waitress," she said, opening her interview.
A few of the highlights of her past performances, including her heartbreaking performance in Atlanta, were featured. "I'm living his dream," she said, referring to her father, who died in an accident shortly after Asia'h learned about her audition.

She is singing Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart." Her stage presence and performance are outstanding, though I am betting she is going to get grilled by at least one of the judges.

The crowd appears to love it and Miss Epperson was definitely enjoying herself.

Judge Randy Jackson said, "You did your thing with (the song). I was impressed."


Judge Paula Abdul added, "You had some fun up there. You had some really good moments

The judge all of the contestants fear, sharp-tongued Simon Cowell, added, "To me, it was my favorite song of the night. It was fun, you are likable and you have a good voice. I liked it.

That comment clearly bowled over the Joplin teenager. "I was waiting to hear that," she said.

Host Ryan Sechrest asked Miss Epperson how she has been able to keep it together with all she has been through and continue to show the type of bubbly personality she has shown onstage.

"It's just me," she answered.

No comments: