Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mayo takes the helm at Marshfield

Former Diamond R-1 Superintendent Mark Mayo took over as superintendent of the Marshfield R-1 School District July 1. He is profiled in an article in this week's Marshfield Mail:

"People seem to be drawn to Marshfield, and I think they can all feel a sense of pride here. I like that the community and the school system seem united," he said.
He further explained that he feels in a small town residents are able to experience the best of both worlds. "There are lots of opportunities. You get the small town benefits, and, as the area grows, you are able to see the benefits of growth," he said.
"We are tickled to death to be in Marshfield and I really hope that I will get to know everyone and I look forward to working for the district," he added.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's the r-4 school district genius, not r-1.

Randy said...

My mistake. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to count that high.