Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mrs. Nodler doesn't know why lobbyist-financed meals should offend anyone

A comment signed "Joncee Nodler" was left on a recent Turner Report post, "Gary Nodler: the Mother Teresa of the State Senate," concerning the amount of meals Sen. Gary Nodler, R-Joplin, and his wife, Joncee, have received from lobbyists:

The comment reads:

I've never blogged before, but a friend told me I had been mentioned on the Turner Report, so I had to check it out. Thanks, first of all, to the person(s) who had nice things to say on my behalf. Having been on the receiving end of hospice care about 10 years ago, I decided I wanted to be a volunteer when I quit teaching - which I did about 5years ago. Being a volunteer for Community Hospice does not take a huge amount of time and is really rewarding. And, if you are not into the cleaning part, just sitting and visiting with someone who is unable to get out and have human contact is so appreciated by a patient. Anyone can do that. So, I'm putting in a plug for the area hospice organizations and the great job they do.
About the lobbyist expense reports, I've sometimes wondered where they get some of the numbers they show, but they do make for good stories. Admittedly, I do spend more time in Jeff City with my husband than most legislator's spouses. We like each other and are fortunate that we can spend time together. We prefer to spend that time privately, but when we are invited to dinner, we go together. I don't know why that bothers some people.
Now, I've finally joined the world of bloggers!


The comment was left on a post referring to comments that had been left on an April 1 Turner Report post: "Nodlers Team to Accept Lobbyists" Gifts."

No comments: