Monday, December 03, 2012

Gun advocates go ballistic over this Bob Costas statement

NBC's Bob Costas made this statement (not a rant as some have called it on the internet) about the gun violence in the deaths of Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins. I will be posting some of the opposition in a few minutes. I am amused at those who say that it is inappropriate to talk about guns immediately after a tragedy. When else should you be talking about it?

2 comments:

Rick Nichols said...

Go get your daughters,
And gather your sons -
Are you ready for some football
While we talk about guns?

Anonymous said...

I belonged to the NRA once upon a time, but when they started paying Karl Rove mega millions to defeat Obama, I cancelled my subscription and told them to throw the remainder of my magazines in the trash where they belonged. They did stop sending them, however, I doubt they trashed canned them.

They were a good organization, now a bunch of extremists ready to pounce on anyone that wants to limit the access to an assault rifle.