Sunday, January 25, 2015
Auditors to reveal report to Joplin R-8 Board during closed session
The auditors completed the field work portion of their work in December, returning to Jefferson City to complete their report. The board will be given the opportunity to respond to their findings and those responses will be included in the final report, which will be released during a public session in a few weeks.
An update on the still unopened Performing Arts Center at Joplin High School will be given during the 7 p.m. open session. The center is scheduled to open this spring, most likely accompanied by another ribbon cutting.
The agenda for the open meeting is printed below:
A. Call to Order
1. Roll Call
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Approval of Agenda - Action
1. Board President's Report
2. Superintendent's Reports
a. School Board Recognition Week - January 25 - 31
b. Elementary Progress Reports - NMS Feeder Schools
c. Performing Arts Center Update
d. Early Childhood Center Update
E. Public Comments Regarding Agenda Items *
F. Consent Agenda - Action
1. Approve Minutes - Action
2. Personnel - Action
3. Laptop Purchase for Stapleton - Action
4. Purchase of a Security System for JHS Library Media Center - Action
5. Fuel for District Vehicles-Info
6. Financial Statements - Info.
7. Health Insurance and Dental Care Insurance Reports - Info.
G. Regular Agenda
1. Policy Updates - Second and Final Reading - Action
a. Policy IND - Ceremonies and Observances
2. Policy Update - First Reading - Action
a. Policy CFB - Evaluation of Principals
3. Accounts Payable - Action
H. Discussion Items
1. January 2015 Enrollment Report
I. Closed Session - RSMO.610.021 (1) Legal, (2) Real Estate, (3) Personnel, (12) Identifiable personnel records and (16) Auditor communications.